As you might have noticed we have a nice new website up and running. As mentioned in our website launch post we’ve removed the user accounts functionality from our site. This means you no longer need to have an account in order to attend our events.
What we’ve done with your data
Most of the information you provided when registering for the old site has already been deleted for good, that is:
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
- Profile Picture
- Physical Address and Postcode
- Events you’d be interested in
We have however kept the following information:
- Name (first and last)
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Sexual Preference
- Age Range (that you’re interested in)
- Where you’re looking to attend events
There are a few reasons as to why we’ve kept this information, which are as follows:
- Email Notifications – When you registered for your account on the old site you agreed to be added to our email list. We use this list to notify people of upcoming events that would be of interest to them. You can find information on updating your preferences or unsubscribing from receiving emails altogether at the bottom of any of our marketing emails.
- Accessing Previous Event Results – In order to access the details of people you have been matched with in the past we’ll need to keep some details to identify you. We’ll only be able to access previous events from the past 12 months.
How you can access previous event results
Obviously, because we’ve removed the user accounts functionality of the site you will no longer be able to access information about events that you’ve attended in the past. This includes details of people you have been matched with. If you would like this data please get in touch using this form and we’ll provide it.
How to book your place on an event
One of the main reasons for rebuilding the website was based on the booking process. We wanted to get rid of the hassle of having to sign in, occasionally forgetting a password, before you’d even know if there were any spaces available for an event. Now it’s as easy as finding an event and selecting the number attendees you want to book for. You’ll still need to enter details of each attendee but the whole process should be a lot smoother now.
How we send event results now
We’ve got a separate article where we go into detail about sending the event results but in short we email them to you. This is why it’s important to make sure attendee email addresses are filled in completely when booking tickets.